How to get to Madrid
Madrid By Train
• Chamartin Station. Located in the northern part of the city. Trains leave for the Spanish cities of Albacete, Alicante, Barcelona, Bilbao, Cádiz, Cartagena Córdoba, Irún, Málaga, Santander, Seville, Soria and Zaragoza as well as France. Chamartin Station.
• Atocha Station. Located in the southern part of the city. Trains serve the regions of Andalusia and Extremadura as well as Portugal. This is the departure and arrival point for the high speed train called AVE and where you catch the local trains to the suburbs and outlying areas. It is connected to the Chamartin Station by an underground train.
Madrid By Plane
Daily flights connect Madrid’s Barajas Airport and the leading cities of Europe and the rest of the world. Daily flights are also available to other major Spanish cities.
Shuttle service runs between Madrid and Barcelona with regular departures between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m.
Barajas Airport is 13 kilometers from the city. Regular bus service is available from the airport to the underground bus terminal at the Plaza de Colón with various intermediate stops.
Madrid By Road
The main roads connecting Madrid to the rest of Spain, France and Portugal are:
- N-I: Madrid – Burgos – Irún – French border.
- N-II: Madrid – Zaragoza – Barcelona – La Junquera – French border; N-II highway from Madrid to Zaragoza, A-2 highway, from Zaragoza to Barcelona and A-7 highway from Barcelona to the French border.
- N-III: Madrid – Valencia – Alicante.
- N-IV: Madrid – Córdoba– Seville – Cádiz.
- N-V: Madrid – Badajoz – Portuguese border.
- N-VI: Madrid – A Coruña (Galicia).
Estación Sur de Autobuses (Bus Station)
Destinations: Albacete, Algeciras, Alicante, Ávila, Barcelona, Benidorm, Cartagena, A Coruña, Gijón, Lugo, Murcia, Oviedo, Santiago de Compostela, Segovia, Toledo, Zaragoza and International.
Information: (+34) 91 468 42 00.
Estación de Auto Res (Bus Station)
Destinations: Badajoz, Cáceres, Castellón, Cuenca, Salamanca, Valencia, Vigo and Zamora.
Information: (+34) 91 551 72 00 / 902 19 29 39.
Estación de la Sepulvedana (Bus Station)
Paseo de la Florida, 11.
Information: (+34) 91 430 48 00.
As well as you have your way to get to Madrid, you may be interested about finding good Madrid apartments to stay.