Spanish Phrases for holidays
Spanish belongs to the Romance language family and today it is considered as one of the most important languages in the world. With over 400 million speakers in the entire world, Spanish is the third most spoken only after Chinese and English language, Spanish is also the official language in a large number of countries including Mexico, Argentina, Spain, Paraguay, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvador, Honduras, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and more.
Although, over time Spanish has suffered many changes, this, despite the large number of dialects, has maintained the essence of its beginnings. Currently, learning Spanish language is definitely a great advantage for anyone. As we said earlier, Spanish is the official language in many countries, many of which are great tourist destinations, so once you have learned the Spanish language you will be able to visit not only one country, but also a large number of amazing countries.
If you are planning to visit any Spanish-speaking country, the best advise is learn at least some useful words and common phrases that will make your stay more enjoyable. This is a list with phrases that you can use in your travel.
- Hola: Hello
- Adiós / Chau: Good bye
- Lo siento: I am sorry
- Por favor: Please:
- Gracias: Thank you.
- ¿Cómo estás?: How are you
- ¿Habla usted Inglés?: Do you speak English?
- Yo vivo en Nueva York: I live in New York
- ¿Dónde hay un banco?: Where is a bank?
- ¿Acepta targetas de crédito?: Do you accept Credit cards?
- ¿Cuánto tiempo toma el viaje?: How long does the trip take?
- ¿Cuánto cuesta el cuarto?: How much is the room?
- Aquí tiene mis documentos: Here are my documents.
- Aquí tiene mi pasaporte: Here is my passport.
- Quisiera una habitación con una sola cama: I'd like a single room for tonight:
As we can see, there are many useful phrases to learn before to visit any Spanish-speaking country, this will not be difficult if you enroll in a language school to learn Spanish, you can do it in your own country or in the country where you are planning to travel, where you will improve in a short time your Spanish pronunciation, another option is looking for a specialized website to learn Spanish online.